itotallybelieveyou

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
i have intel e6600 with a 8800 gtx (i know it's cpu forumz but ill jsut stick it in here)
idly my cpu is 40C and gpu is 65-70C
are these temperatures safe to go with? or should i swtich cooling solutions?

morerevs

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
Seems a little high on both (as in 5-10C) Maybe check your case ventilation to get them down but as long as everything is on stock cooling you'll probably only get 5 degrees at most.

GL.

ejay

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2004
I have two E6600s mounted in Antec 640B cases with a 120mm fan in the rear, a 92mm in the side panel blowing directly over the cpu and I run 39C at idle for both. Additionally, I have an 80mm in the lower half of the side panel blowing air on the GPU area and another 80mm mounted at the front pulling air through the HD bay. I have 8800GTS cards in both and average around 55-57C for light use and 2D apps (75F ambient). I would say you are not too far off on the CPU, but you may be running a little hot on the GPU, although I realize the GTX runs by nature a little hotter.

What case are you using and how many and of what type are the fans in the case?

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
i have intel e6600 with a 8800 gtx (i know it's cpu forumz but ill jsut stick it in here)
idly my cpu is 40C and gpu is 65-70C
are these temperatures safe to go with? or should i swtich cooling solutions?

Idle temps don't matter, we need your full load temps, and if your room temp is not the highest it'll ever be (year-round), also add that difference in room temp to the full load temp to get the correct adjusted full load temp the system would see.

Generally, a non-o'c CPU is ok up to about 65C, but getting it as low as 55C might be worthwhile. I don't like my GPUs to get over 80C, but that's a big core and it'll stay in this range or a bit higher. If either gets much higher you might think about improving chassis cooling - also seeing what effect it would have to temporarily pull the case side panel off and point a desk fan inside, this can be a fair way to see whether your chassis fans need improved and/or the heatsinks themselves need it more.