Sign in with
Your question

Line-in input to usb headset

Last response: in Windows XP
January 4, 2010 3:13:12 AM

I've spent several hour perusing google searches, but haven't found anything high enough quality to suit my needs. I have an Xbox 360 set up to run on my monitor, and until recently had the audio run through my line-in connection and output through my headset with 3.5mm jacks. Then I bought a usb headset, and can no longer find a good way to pass the line-in audio through to the usb sound card built into the headset.

I tried using Audacity to playback audio as it recorded, and it works, but the sound quality is terrible, and I really would like a better solution than that.

Other things I've tried is using a winamp plugin (I couldn't even get that to start working) and opening my computer's basic sound card's input as a capture device in VLC media player (couldn't get it to work either).

Can anyone provide a better way get the Xbox audio to the usb headset? an increase in sound quality to audacity would be ok, I may just need to learn to set it up better.

More about : line input usb headset

Anonymous
August 26, 2010 2:52:15 PM

I have exactly the same problem, have you found a way to make it work? I would really appreciate it if you could answer, since there is absolutely no way to find anything about it on google.
m
l
!