Office xp is installed on windows 7 but will not run

Status
Not open for further replies.

denise_38

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Amonth ago I install Office XP on my new lap top (OS Windows 7 HE), upon getting it. I did not want to install 2010 office (which there is a trial unactivated on my computer); Upon trying to run word, it did nothing - no windows popped up - nothing.

I tried to run excel, it opened and then asked me to accept terms I did and then a window popped up stating I did not have adminstrative rights to run it. I checked the properties of each programs- made sure I had security rights and went back to try again. Still nothing - same stuff happened. Turned off - Turned on.. nothing. Tried to uninstall it - now, it asked me for the CD; I installed it. It told me I don't have adminstrative rights.

So I tried for a week more .. looked on the internet, and finally decided to try the office package trial of 2010. It won't load all the way I put in the code and then it just doesn't run. So I contacted MS via email 5 different times and each time they sent me the exact same email back on how to uninstall it and then install it. Nothing worked I could download each item but it just wouldn't run - gave a message of 1740 and so finally the last email from MS said to call and it gave the number. The customer service refused to put me through to tech support as I had not bought the trial, if I bought the trial they would help but only then. I was very frustrated by this process of no help so I went online found a website called zolo and had been using it but it doesn't have everything I need. Can someone either help me what a patch to make Office XP work or help me get it off my computer so maybe I can try to install the dreaded 2010 that is also giving me grief.

Thanks

Denise

denise_38

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I know what their site says but when you look here or even on the internet there are people who run it on Windows 7, so I figured it was okay but none the less how do I get it off..

I know what their site says but when you look here or even on the internet there are people who run it on Windows 7, so I figured it was okay but none the less how do I get it off..
The trial version?

U can use Your Uninstaller! or Revo Uninstaller. The Windows uninstaller will not remove everything.
http://www.ursoftware.com/product/uninstaller/ http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS