Programming Samsung SIRT351 Remote

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 11, 2005 11:58:24 PM

Has anyone had success programming the SIRT351 remote to operate their
TV or visa versa (?). I have the SONY Wega 32" LCD TV, and the two
work great together getting OTA HDTV, but I have had no luck in
programming either remote to operate the other set. What is especially
annoying is that if I accidently hit any channel changing control on
the SONY's remote, it switches back from SD/HDTV to analog TV. I
called Samsung tech support and they were no help, saying that they
have no controll over how the remotes supplied by their OEM suppliers
work with other manufacturer's sets. Any feedback is appreciated.
--
Frank M.
Anonymous

"Frank M." <mandarin@ixdotnetcom.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had success programming the SIRT351 remote to operate their
> TV or visa versa (?). I have the SONY Wega 32" LCD TV, and the two
> work great together getting OTA HDTV, but I have had no luck in
> programming either remote to operate the other set. What is especially
> annoying is that if I accidently hit any channel changing control on
> the SONY's remote, it switches back from SD/HDTV to analog TV. I
> called Samsung tech support and they were no help, saying that they
> have no controll over how the remotes supplied by their OEM suppliers
> work with other manufacturer's sets. Any feedback is appreciated.
> --
> Frank M.

I have a SIRT151 and have never been able to program it to operate my TV.
Try Googling.

--
Bearman
If it's got tits, tires, tubes, or transistors, it's trouble.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:58:24 GMT, Frank M. <mandarin@ixdotnetcom.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had success programming the SIRT351 remote to operate their
> TV or visa versa (?). I have the SONY Wega 32" LCD TV, and the two
> work great together getting OTA HDTV, but I have had no luck in
> programming either remote to operate the other set. What is especially
> annoying is that if I accidently hit any channel changing control on
> the SONY's remote, it switches back from SD/HDTV to analog TV. I
> called Samsung tech support and they were no help, saying that they
> have no controll over how the remotes supplied by their OEM suppliers
> work with other manufacturer's sets. Any feedback is appreciated.

I actually got a different Samsung remote (BP59-00048) with my out of the
box SIR-T351, than is shown in 351 or 451 manuals. The remote is
apparently one that comes with Samsung HDTVs. Its STB mode works with the
T351, TV works with my Samsung 192MP PC monitor/TV, and its DVD and VCR
modes work with Samsung products. But I cannot find TV codes for it.

One problem with Samsung remotes is that they seem to use different
sets of codes. So a setting code for a certain device on one type of
remote may be a different code on one of their other remotes.

There are various universal remotes. For "One for All" SIR-T351 may
require downloading a code (which can be done by phone directly to
remote). Harmony remotes are more capable and programmed using USB and
internet.
!