What kind of ram would i need for upgrading a compaq presa..

Scott

ive made a few posts earlier on how much ram to get if i were to upgrade my
system. im not certain on if there is a specific type of ram i should get. i
was told to get 512 mb but i wasnt told whether there is a certain brand of
ram i should get or any type of 512 should do.. let me know. im looking to
upgrade soon.. in the next few days.. anything would be helpful.

Scott;
Use the Memory Advisor on this page to identify specific memory for your
model:
http://www.crucial.com/

Or check your manual and/or contact Compaq for memory information.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ive made a few posts earlier on how much ram to get if i were to upgrade
> my
> system. im not certain on if there is a specific type of ram i should get.
> was told to get 512 mb but i wasnt told whether there is a certain brand
> of
> ram i should get or any type of 512 should do.. let me know. im looking to
> upgrade soon.. in the next few days.. anything would be helpful.

Here is a link from CDW. You can choose from 5 different manufacturers. Just
click one of the manufacturers and then enter in your model number and all
that good stuff. It will give you a price. You can choose different
manufacturers to comparison shop.

http://www.cdw.com/webcontent/land/page/memoryoffers.asp

Hope this helps ya!

scott wrote:
> ive made a few posts earlier on how much ram to get if i were to upgrade my
> system. im not certain on if there is a specific type of ram i should get. i
> was told to get 512 mb but i wasnt told whether there is a certain brand of
> ram i should get or any type of 512 should do.. let me know. im looking to
> upgrade soon.. in the next few days.. anything would be helpful.

It is absolutely essential that any new RAM module(s) be fully
compatible with both the motherboard and/or any other RAM module(s)
already in the system. Additionally, there are sometimes jumper
switches on older motherboards that need to be reset for new RAM
configurations. Consult your motherboard's manual or the
manufacturer's web site for specific instructions and compatibility
requirements.

If you cannot lay your hands upon the computer's manual and the
manufacturer doesn't provide a support web site, you can use these
utilities to help determine the correct type of RAM needed:

SiSoft's Sandra
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=&location=sware_dl&lang=en

Belarc Advisor

Unlimited Possibilities' AIDA32
http://forum.aumha.org/overflow/aida32.zip

Also, Crucial Memory's web site (www.crucial.com) has a database
to help to find the right RAM for your specific make and model
computer and/or motherboard.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: