Corrupted Window OS??

Doggy_Dog

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
Hello Guys,

Need your help. I don't know why did this thing happened to my desktop but it doesn't go to Windows anymore. It only stays at the Safe Mode option (together with Last Know Good Menu and Start Windows Automatically).

If Iwill select the Last Know Good Menu or Start Windows Automatically it will go to the Windows XP logo with loading bar and after that it will reboot again going back to the Safe Mode. If I will select the Safe Mode it will just reboot and then go back to Safe mode again.

Is this virus? Or may Window files have been corrupted?

Need your advice and guidance.

thanks,
John

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
hm... not really sure how much help i can be without knowing which stop errors are occuring (bsod)...

i guess all i can really suggest, aside from an OS reinstall/repair... is to remove all unnecessary hardware from your system, and to return settings to normal if youve OC'd at all, leaving only the motherboard, psu, cpu, single ram module, gpu, and OS hard drive installed... everything else shouldnt be powered or connected at all (including unnecessary cables)... ...if you can disconnect all unnecessary hardware (including switching connected hardware around on the motherboard, ie hdd cable, ram module slots, etc), you may be able to get into windows, at least long enough to change the setting to where it doesnt automatically reboot when it crashes, at which point you can use the information on microsofts site to find out about the bsod stop error that may come up again, and possibly how to fix it even... ...you can start installing parts in one at a time, till the crashing starts happening again... if you happen to have spare essential hardware, you can try switching things out, and see if that helps too...

if none of that works though, i guess all i can really suggest is an OS reinstall/repair

xciter

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
If you have installed new programs or drivers lately remove them via safe mode. Probably a messed up driver.

scifiguy

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
To remove any doubt as to hardware failure, if you have access to another computer, download and burn onto CD/DVD a bootable, selfcontained linux operating system. IT will test your hardware and let you know if there is a problem with it. If it loads and runs fine, then it is probably corrupted OS/Windows and you'll need to format, re-install Windows. Hopefully you've been faithfully doing your data backup???

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS