For the last time if it shuts down again i will beat it

hello. i have an aspire 3100 and it is pissing me off. when ever i try to run a virus scan like malewarebytes it goes unresponsive and then a message pops up saying that windows isnt responding and my comp either shuts down or restarts :cry: and i cant get any thing done. also my hard drive only has like 8 gigs left and i have done disk clean up multiple times and it doesn't do anything. i am getting angry lol plz help or offer suggestions. and another question (woop ee) is user account control reliable for protecting your comp from unwanted changes? :fou:
2 answers Last reply
More about time shuts beat
  1. Sounds like you are infected many of the recent virii will disable the well known AV packages and keep them and Task Manager from running correctly -- best bet is to use another system to download a new version of an AV product (I usually use Spybot Search and destroy for this type of fix) also be sure to get the new definition file while downloading - then place them both on a thumbdrive - go back to your system and do a safe mode boot (this will normally keep the virus from loading) once it boots into safe mode install and run spybot and see what it finds.
  2. i did the spybot scan with the safe mode and nothing came up is it just that my processor is so F$%#@$ slow or ......
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Aspire Windows Vista