Running Anti-Virus

Greetings all,
I know this is probably mostly a Norton Anti-Virus issue, but thought I
would ask here as it is affected by Windows. When I install Norton
Anti-Virus as the Administrator, I set a scheduled scan of the computer and
if I am logged on as Administrator when it is time for the scan to run, it
works fine. But if the Administrator Logs out, and another user logs on,
and the Time for the scan arrives, it does not do a scan. I have alot of
users in my organization and I don't know who will be logged on during the
scan time due to shifts and such. Is there a way to get it to run the scan
regardless of which user is logged on? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

--
Wally Steadman
US Army in Iraq

    Hi

    When NAV was installed was there an option to install for 'all users'?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Walter Steadman" <Walter.NOSPAMsteadman@us.army.NOSPAMmil> wrote in message
    > Greetings all,
    > I know this is probably mostly a Norton Anti-Virus issue, but thought I
    > would ask here as it is affected by Windows. When I install Norton
    > Anti-Virus as the Administrator, I set a scheduled scan of the computer
    > and if I am logged on as Administrator when it is time for the scan to
    > run, it works fine. But if the Administrator Logs out, and another user
    > logs on, and the Time for the scan arrives, it does not do a scan. I have
    > alot of users in my organization and I don't know who will be logged on
    > during the scan time due to shifts and such. Is there a way to get it to
    > run the scan regardless of which user is logged on? Any help would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > Wally Steadman
    > US Army in Iraq

    Check the FAQ at www.sarc.com home or support
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/

    You might be able to set your machine to use fast user
    switching and the administrator could stay logged on
    (password protected of course) and the other limited users
    would log in and off as required. I would set the shutdown
    options for the limited users to hibernate so they can't
    shutdown fully. The administrator could shutdown after
    closing out running programs.

    Thanks for your service, to all. Keep your M4 zeroed.

    some support

    wrote in message
    | Greetings all,
    | I know this is probably mostly a Norton Anti-Virus
    issue, but thought I
    | would ask here as it is affected by Windows. When I
    install Norton
    | Anti-Virus as the Administrator, I set a scheduled scan of
    the computer and
    | if I am logged on as Administrator when it is time for the
    scan to run, it
    | works fine. But if the Administrator Logs out, and
    another user logs on,
    | and the Time for the scan arrives, it does not do a scan.
    I have alot of
    | users in my organization and I don't know who will be
    logged on during the
    | scan time due to shifts and such. Is there a way to get
    it to run the scan
    | regardless of which user is logged on? Any help would be
    appreciated.

    | TIA
    |
    | --
    | Wally Steadman