Greetings all,
I know this is probably mostly a Norton Anti-Virus issue, but thought I
would ask here as it is affected by Windows. When I install Norton
Anti-Virus as the Administrator, I set a scheduled scan of the computer and
if I am logged on as Administrator when it is time for the scan to run, it
works fine. But if the Administrator Logs out, and another user logs on,
and the Time for the scan arrives, it does not do a scan. I have alot of
users in my organization and I don't know who will be logged on during the
scan time due to shifts and such. Is there a way to get it to run the scan
regardless of which user is logged on? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

--
Wally Steadman
US Army in Iraq

Hi

When NAV was installed was there an option to install for 'all users'?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Walter Steadman" <Walter.NOSPAMsteadman@us.army.NOSPAMmil> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
> I know this is probably mostly a Norton Anti-Virus issue, but thought I
> would ask here as it is affected by Windows. When I install Norton
> Anti-Virus as the Administrator, I set a scheduled scan of the computer
> and if I am logged on as Administrator when it is time for the scan to
> run, it works fine. But if the Administrator Logs out, and another user
> logs on, and the Time for the scan arrives, it does not do a scan. I have
> alot of users in my organization and I don't know who will be logged on
> during the scan time due to shifts and such. Is there a way to get it to
> run the scan regardless of which user is logged on? Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Wally Steadman
> US Army in Iraq

Check the FAQ at www.sarc.com home or support
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/

You might be able to set your machine to use fast user
switching and the administrator could stay logged on
(password protected of course) and the other limited users
would log in and off as required. I would set the shutdown
options for the limited users to hibernate so they can't
shutdown fully. The administrator could shutdown after
closing out running programs.

Thanks for your service, to all. Keep your M4 zeroed.

some support