MAJOR problem with installing & attempting to play RCT3!

Last response: in Video Games
November 19, 2004 6:03:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

I just installed RCT3 onto my computer. Unfortunately, when I attempt to play
the game, I get an onscreen message reading:

Application:

Failed for create Direct3D device
This error has also been sent to Debug.log
OK<Attempt to continue> Cancel<Exit>

From here, I clicked on OK, which was followed by another message reading:

Rct3 has caused an error in RCT3EXE
Rct3 will now close

Does anyone possibly know what is causing this? If so, how can I correct this
problem, and successfully enter the game?

BTW, my computer is a Dell Dimension 4100, with a 866 mHz Pentium III
processor, a 40GB hard drive, and 256MB of Ram, with Windows Millineum.

All possible help and/or suggestions are appreciated! :-)
November 19, 2004 6:03:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

WinME ? Yep. Go back to 98SE or up to XP.

"KentB3" <kentb3@aol.com> wrote in message
>I just installed RCT3 onto my computer. Unfortunately, when I attempt to
>play
> the game, I get an onscreen message reading:
>
> Application:
>
> Failed for create Direct3D device
> This error has also been sent to Debug.log
> OK<Attempt to continue> Cancel<Exit>
>

> From here, I clicked on OK, which was followed by another message reading:
>
> Rct3 has caused an error in RCT3EXE
> Rct3 will now close
>

> Does anyone possibly know what is causing this? If so, how can I correct
> this
> problem, and successfully enter the game?
>
> BTW, my computer is a Dell Dimension 4100, with a 866 mHz Pentium III
> processor, a 40GB hard drive, and 256MB of Ram, with Windows Millineum.
>

> All possible help and/or suggestions are appreciated! :-)
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 8:42:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

You may need a new vidio card
Related resources
November 21, 2004 6:11:52 PM

On 19 Nov 2004 03:03:47 GMT, kentb3@aol.com (KentB3) wrote:

>I just installed RCT3 onto my computer. Unfortunately, when I attempt to play
>the game, I get an onscreen message reading:
>
>Application:
>
>Failed for create Direct3D device
>This error has also been sent to Debug.log
>OK<Attempt to continue> Cancel<Exit>
>

>From here, I clicked on OK, which was followed by another message reading:
>
>Rct3 has caused an error in RCT3EXE
>Rct3 will now close
>

>Does anyone possibly know what is causing this? If so, how can I correct this
>problem, and successfully enter the game?

I get the same. While my video card has direct3d, apparently it's not
compatible with rct3. So I imagine having the same problem. I think
only a new video card will fix this.
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 4:27:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

Hi!

On 19 Nov 2004 03:03:47 GMT, kentb3@aol.com (KentB3) wrote:

>I just installed RCT3 onto my computer. Unfortunately, when I attempt to play
>the game, I get an onscreen message reading:

I recieved the same message when I updated my video drivers (ATI Radon). I had to
update to the latest drivers, which were still beta, to make it disappear.

Alex
--
If you don't go over the top,
you can't see what's on the other side.

Alex' Assorted Homepages: www.alexsite.de
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 8:41:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

I have ME and XP on same hard drive and game works ok with ME. But I was
getting
the same error message as you with my on-board video. I had to put in a
Radeon 7000
to make it work.

On another computer I have ME and a Radeon 9200 SE. It also works fine.

In original release peeps editor crashed on XP but worked on ME. Patch1
fixed this.

Radeon 9200 shows water ok, but it is invisible with Radeon 7000. Get a 7200
or
better. Should be $50 or less. 7200 shows pseudo reflective water - 9200
shows
al true reflections.

"KentB3" <kentb3@aol.com> wrote in message
>I just installed RCT3 onto my computer. Unfortunately, when I attempt to
>play
> the game, I get an onscreen message reading:
>
> Application:
>
> Failed for create Direct3D device
> This error has also been sent to Debug.log
> OK<Attempt to continue> Cancel<Exit>
>

> From here, I clicked on OK, which was followed by another message reading:
>
> Rct3 has caused an error in RCT3EXE
> Rct3 will now close
>

> Does anyone possibly know what is causing this? If so, how can I correct
> this
> problem, and successfully enter the game?
>
> BTW, my computer is a Dell Dimension 4100, with a 866 mHz Pentium III
> processor, a 40GB hard drive, and 256MB of Ram, with Windows Millineum.
>

> All possible help and/or suggestions are appreciated! :-)
Anonymous
May 31, 2009 12:01:21 PM

Hi,

I have got a diffrent problem with my laptop using windows xp and roller coaster tycoon 3,
I click play the it loads and I click on sandbox mode, and then it starts loading and it freezes at the phrase something in the lines of

Post loading
terrian

if anyone knows how to make this work please reply to me using a good explanation of how to cure it because im dying to play it but it keeps on
:fou:  :fou:  :fou:  FREEZING!!! :fou:  :fou:  :fou:

!