XP and Word 2003 issue

running windows XP Professional and the office is 2003 in Portuguese
so, when I use the word, it stops and to appears the message "happened a
error
on the Microsoft Word, it will be off. do you want to send a report to
Microsoft?!"
this could be many things -
any ideas where i can start?

thanks

WORD has a repair function on the Help menu ---Detect and
Repair. If you send the report and it is a known issue you
will get a link to a page that will help you solve the
problem.

You can uninstall WORD and reinstall it. Does WORD open and
then fail while you're typing or does it fail to open?

"Jonybrv" <Vsuss[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Seems office application is corrupted.
|
| Try this command:
|
| Start > Run -> Type "word /a" and see if it opens
perfectly.

| "Tere01" <poppyz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > running windows XP Professional and the office is 2003
in Portuguese
| > so, when I use the word, it stops and to appears the
message "happened a
| > error
| > on the Microsoft Word, it will be off. do you want to
send a report to
| > Microsoft?!"
| > this could be many things -
| > any ideas where i can start?
| >
| > thanks

let me try that
thanks!!

> WORD has a repair function on the Help menu ---Detect and
> Repair. If you send the report and it is a known issue you
> will get a link to a page that will help you solve the
> problem.
>
> You can uninstall WORD and reinstall it. Does WORD open and
> then fail while you're typing or does it fail to open?
>

> "Jonybrv" <Vsuss[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | Seems office application is corrupted.
> |
> | Try this command:
> |
> | Start > Run -> Type "word /a" and see if it opens
> perfectly.
> |
> | "Tere01" <poppyz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | > running windows XP Professional and the office is 2003
> in Portuguese
> | > so, when I use the word, it stops and to appears the
> message "happened a
> | > error
> | > on the Microsoft Word, it will be off. do you want to
> send a report to
> | > Microsoft?!"
> | > this could be many things -
> | > any ideas where i can start?