Windows XP Not detecting my SATA Hard Drive

OwenJ

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Gday guys, So I was bored today and began creating a old Pentium 4 System out of old PC parts around the house.
Now, I have assembled everything and have tested all the parts and all are working fine, However when I go to install Windows XP on the machine it will not detect the Hard Drive (On the Partition Screen). Now I thought it may be a hard drive problem so I connected the hard drive up to my current PC and ran the XP Installation fine.

However, Now when I try to boot the XP I installed on the hard drive off of my other system it will get to the splash screen and restart, so I turned off automatic restart on system failure and I get the 0x0000007B Stop error. So I retried the XP installation on the system again, got to the Partition and Hard Drive selection screen and still no Hard Drive to be seen, I plugged in a USB and it detected it fine.

I have tried booting in safe mode & every option under F8, However it just restarts on the XP splash screen, And as I said the hard drive seems fine as it comes up in bios and my main PC ran it fine, So I'm beginning to think that i'm in need of my motherboards SATA Drivers or something.

Any help would be appreciated & if you need anymore information just let me know :D

OwenJ

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
The only thing with IDE is IDE Configuration and their is IDE Master and Slave.
However when I open it their is only one that can detect my hard drive and their is no option to change between SATA and IDE.

OwenJ

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Fixed it, it was the SATA drivers, downloaded them and edited my XP Install with nLite. Burnt the new ISO to a dvd and it picked up my Drive straight away, installing atm.

Thanks for your help man.