Need help selecting Parts.

cbutcher318

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007
I partially built the pc I own right now. And I've been upgrading the peripherals for the last four years. But my motherboard just fried (blown capacitor) and I've decided that this is a good excuse to upgrade my processor along with the mobo. Probably the graphics card too. I'm still pretty green at all of this, so I need some help. Any advise on what board, processor, memory, graphics I should get. I'm on a pretty tight budget (I am going to wait until intel slashes their prices at the end of this month) but I don't use my cpu for much heavy stuff. Some graphics light gaming is the most intense stuff it ever does, so I am open to integrated graphics. I appreciate any help I can get.

Best Regards,

Christian Butcher

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Could you be more specific about you're budget, like a dollar amount? Also assuming you have an AGP as opposed to PCIe x16 video card and DDR as opposed to DDR2 RAM, which means you'll have to buy a new video card and RAM. Also list the parts you're going to buy. Generally, new mobo are limited to 1 ATA connector, 2 drives. Also tell us what PSU you're using. You will really need at least 450w.

cbutcher318

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007
I'm trying to keep my budget around $300-$400. I am going to have to replace my graphics card (I'm not opposed to getting integrated graphics) and my memory. I have a lot of drives to connect to (two harddrives, and three disc drives (probably more than I need)). My power supply is fine, so I will need:
Motherboard
Processor
Graphics
Memory

I hope this will help you help me.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

TRENDING THREADS