Sign in with
Your question

Quick Question - Newegg price drops

Last response: in Systems
July 9, 2007 11:57:33 PM

Have a quick question for you all. Assuming the Intel July 22nd price drops actually come, do you feel that retailers will lower the prices of other popular components. An example, such as the Nvidia 8800 Series video cards, will retailers possibly drop the price of them in the week preceding or following the price drop in an attempt to appeal to those building new systems? I have never really payed attention when they have lowered/released the price of popular components, as I am in the process of building my first *complete* system from scratch, as opposed to buying various upgrade parts.
July 10, 2007 4:11:18 AM

liverpoolfc said:
Have a quick question for you all. Assuming the Intel July 22nd price drops actually come, do you feel that retailers will lower the prices of other popular components. An example, such as the Nvidia 8800 Series video cards, will retailers possibly drop the price of them in the week preceding or following the price drop in an attempt to appeal to those building new systems? I have never really payed attention when they have lowered/released the price of popular components, as I am in the process of building my first *complete* system from scratch, as opposed to buying various upgrade parts.

Intel's price cuts will have nothing to do do with Nvidia and the price of an 8800 series video card. The price on the Q6600 has dropped from the $850 range in March/April to current levels. Look for the retail price to fall to the $299 or slightly lower level July 22. Soon after, Penryn 45nm chips will show up.
July 10, 2007 4:22:49 AM

Yea man, I understand what the assumed prices of the chips will be, and that they have no *direct* relation with the price of other components. I am asking if retailers often lower the prices of other components with new releases, to appeal to those who are building new systems. As it is obvious, a lot of people will be building new systems around the same time the prices of the Intel drops, and the release of the newer chips. By lowering prices of other components, they may profit a lot more, if it is in the best interest of the consumer.
July 10, 2007 4:29:26 AM

The Intel price cuts are for real on July 22nd. As far as any other components being reduced because of the bargain Intel prices, that is up to the retailers. Maybe you can send an email to your retailer's support and ask your question.
!