Replace failing laptop drive - THG article? [Solved!]

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004
I have searched until I'm :ouch: but I just can't find it. A while back, there was a neat THG article about a USB device with software that would allow one to clone a failing laptop drive and then swap the drives. The device was only about 80 USD and I thought it was pretty interesting. I never got around to buying one, but I thought I had bookmarked the article and maybe even put the device in one of my wish-list/shopping carts.

But, Lo! I am unable to find anything.

Does anyone here remember the article and happen to recall the name of the device?

Thanks,
Chas

P.S. I'm not yet in an emergency situation; I just want to be ready beforehand! :)

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Found it. The company is Apricorn and the article is here:

http://www.geardigest.com/2006/11/14/how_to_replace_or_upgrade_your_not ebooks_hard_drive/

I finally figured out the right way to search --- I went to NewEgg and searched for drive enclosures and then asked for a search narrowed by manufacturers and then clicked "More..." to see all manufacturers. I thought I would recognize it and I did falsely recognize a couple before I realized it was Apricorn.

Then I was able to search THG for "Apricorn" and that brought it up quick as a bunny!

Maybe this will help someone else. A few keywords just to help out.

dying drive
dying laptop drive
noisy laptop hard drive
cloning laptop drive
cloning laptop hard drive

TRENDING THREADS