Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What's a normal temp for an ATI x1950xt card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 10, 2007 8:17:18 AM

My reads at 60c, im not sure if thats normal or wat. can anyone help?
July 10, 2007 8:25:41 AM

Get a VF900 or an HR-03.
July 10, 2007 8:47:53 AM

You haven't even answered the question.. And your telling him already to get an aftermarket cooler?

Anyway, that is kind of normal with an ati x1950 series card. You don't have to worry bout nothing.
Related resources
July 10, 2007 8:57:12 AM

I'd say 60 isnt too bad. Gfx cards can go up to 100-110 without being fried.

My 1950pro idles around 55-58, and it barely ever goes over 75 even while gaming, so no biggy.
July 10, 2007 8:57:32 AM

asdasd123 said:
You haven't even answered the question.. And your telling him already to get an aftermarket cooler?


yes, i think everyone with a high end card should have an aftermarket cooler.
July 10, 2007 9:43:53 AM

I set the fan speed with ATI Tool so that my fan speed goes from 40%
over 50º to 100% at 60ºC my over clocked X1950XT idels at 56ºC with 60% fan speed but can reach 77C running 3Dmark05
July 10, 2007 10:27:11 AM

Track said:
yes, i think everyone with a high end card should have an aftermarket cooler.


His question was if 60c was normal and you respond by telling him to get an aftermarket cooler. The x1950xt cooler is effective enough in dispersing the heat outside of the case and there's no use in spending money for nothing.
July 10, 2007 10:38:04 AM

asdasd123 said:
His question was if 60c was normal and you respond by telling him to get an aftermarket cooler. The x1950xt cooler is effective enough in dispersing the heat outside of the case and there's no use in spending money for nothing.


Most chances are it's normal for it to be 60C.
Thus, it would most likely be better for him to buy an aftermarket cooler.
It would be a good idea to buy an aftermarket cooler anyway, so that he would be able to overclock. Which is something he should do.
July 10, 2007 3:16:11 PM

Sometimes i'm just dumbfounded by the logic here. :sleep: 
!