MordeaniisChaos

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I'm looking for a good desk that'll fit 3 large screens (25 inch minimum, 27 inches would be much better) COMFORTABLY. Drawers are fine as long as they are symmetrical (My current desk has all the drawers on one side, making it pretty much impossible to center myself. A pretty deep desk would also be good, as I like to have space to do more than just use my computer. Build quality should be solid, I don't want something that wiggles around, obviously. A corner desk would be good, but I don't want a thousand little shelves either. Just a flat surface, nothing above the main surface. I'm not picky on material or aesthetics and price should be fine as long as it's not like 10 grand or something crazy like that.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm looking for a new forum to go to as the ones I used to attend (Tested.com) have all but died since they were bought by a new company, so I'm fresh faced here. I've only used Tom's Hardware for benchmarks and the like.

i used formica veneer on an old display table that a local retail store was trashing and it works great. about 8ft wide and 3ft deep. all i paid for was the price of veneer. see if you can pick up an old table of some sort and reface it yourself. this would be the most cost effective way.

you could also build your own table if you are handy. this would give you a truly unique piece that fits your exact needs. figure around $200 for materials if you have tools already.

as far as commercial products... forget what you see in local office stores and whatnot. it is all flakeboard junk. you would have better luck going to one of the discount furniture stores. you know the ones where you can buy funiture which appears to be actually quite nice but is made in some third world country. you can actually get fairly nice products there including some nice computing desks.

the tomshardware forums are fairly busy depending on what sections you frequent. most traffic hovers around the new builds area it seems.