Can't install RCT3

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

Hi.

I'm having trouble installing RCT3. I put the CD in and it autoruns but
when I click install it shows an error message. Error code -6003 or
something. Any ideas? I've tried doing what it said (close programs,
clear temp folders).

Which partition does it put the install files on? C: or D: (my current
windows partition). I assume it uses the system variables and uses D:?

I'm running Win2k SP2.

Thanks,

Higgy.
6 answers Last reply
More about install rct3
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

    Hi! Did you find out what was wrong?
    I'm having the same problem! :O(

    "Higgy" <higgy18jamjar_sp@mnoT_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm having trouble installing RCT3. I put the CD in and it autoruns but
    > when I click install it shows an error message. Error code -6003 or
    > something. Any ideas? I've tried doing what it said (close programs,
    > clear temp folders).
    >
    > Which partition does it put the install files on? C: or D: (my current
    > windows partition). I assume it uses the system variables and uses D:?
    >
    > I'm running Win2k SP2.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Higgy.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

    No, 'fraid not, sorry. I've given up for now. Might try the demo when I
    can be bothered to download it and see if that works.

    Picasso82gr wrote:
    > Hi! Did you find out what was wrong?
    > I'm having the same problem! :O(
    >

    > "Higgy" <higgy18jamjar_sp@mnoT_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi.
    >>
    >>I'm having trouble installing RCT3. I put the CD in and it autoruns but
    >>when I click install it shows an error message. Error code -6003 or
    >>something. Any ideas? I've tried doing what it said (close programs,
    >>clear temp folders).
    >>
    >>Which partition does it put the install files on? C: or D: (my current
    >>windows partition). I assume it uses the system variables and uses D:?
    >>
    >>I'm running Win2k SP2.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Higgy.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

    Higgy I worked it out!
    I tried to email you how I did it, but the your router doesn' t accept it.
    If you're interested, send me another email adress of yours and I' ll be
    glad to help you out!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

    Hi there.

    I emailed you using my address. You just have to replace _sp@mnoT_ with
    an @, in case you didn't get it. Otherwise you can try me on this
    account.

    Thanks,

    Higgy.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

    Yey, I've got it working too.

    I think it was probably 'upgrading' to Win2k SP4 that did it.

    Thanks, people.

    Picasso82gr wrote:
    > Higgy I worked it out!
    > I tried to email you how I did it, but the your router doesn' t accept it.
    > If you're interested, send me another email adress of yours and I' ll be
    > glad to help you out!

  6. when i have installed the game and i press play it come up with 'error lunching this game' and on the the folder it says that it is a shortcut so i DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ?????????????????????????????????????????HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Partition Error Message Video Games