new slim RPTVs from Sony

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 12, 2005 6:59:31 PM

One of the things I disliked about the Sony LCDs was how wide they were.
Well they've fixed that in a new generation of LCD PRTVs (at least in 42 and
50 inch sizes). See the announcement at
http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/5686

Another intriguing idea is the "advanced iris shutter" which cuts back on
the amount of light from the bulb to deepen the blacks on dark scenes.

Price looks promising too, less than $2k U.S. for the 42. There's a thread
on AVS Forum where you can see a photo of the KDF-E42A10 (42-inch). Looks
like a Sammy DLP (which to me is great). Release this summer. I was thinking
about taking the plunge before then, but I'm definitely going to wait now.

More about : slim rptvs sony

!