Need help for new PC

phattt

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
Hi guys.

My current pc uses a Lian Li PC-7(old version).
http://www.overclockercafe.com...ws/cases/Lian_Li_PC-7/

I am intending to get the E6850 and 8800GTS 320MB real soon, wondering if my case can fit them in. I am also considering overclocking.

Will my casing be too hot? Should I get a new one?

Can you guys please recommend me on the mobo and fans I should get?

I guess for the rams, its pretty standard right. PC6400 Crucial BallistiX 1GBx2. Is it fine? Of course it will be better if there are cheaper ones around.

Thanks in advance for replying.

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
to be honest that was a bad pic i could make out dimension, none the less, i reckon a 8800 GTS will fit fine.

I wont get hot i dont think, C2D are cooler than you think, if your in for OC'ing i would recommend a CNPS7700 cu, they are extremely cool, give a huge OC'ing range and stay quiet.

In terms of Mobo unless your looking for upgradabilty, if so i go for a P35 chipset, if not i would get a P965, i would get either by gigabyte, form there Awesome DS3 range, and i can proberly garentee it will ocme under budget.

In term of RAM, Corsair XMS 2 series is really cheap and will OC in ration with your CPU. i know i can pick a dual channel gig up for under £30 at decent timimgs.

phattt

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007

Greatly appreiciate your recommendations. I am now pretty set on the P35 chipset, everyone seems to recommend it. Thanks alot dude.

Hope to hear more comments on the RAM and fans. :D