Whos stepping on whom?

I feel as an enthusiast that we're getting stepped on. We know what we want, just we cant really know if we can get it. What Im referring to is cpu steppings. I just read this http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/07/11/energy-efficiency-intel-left-out-in-the-cold/page16.html and as we all know, or have found out, it says this
. There is one caveat, though, namely that the new version can not be bought from online shops because of missing information. You may have better luck at your local computer store, depending on how cooperative the staff are.
Now since most of us here know what we want, and the suppliers (newegg,ZZF etc) know this also, they dont take the time to let us know what were getting. The brick and mortars MAY let you pick thru, but maybe not. I dont like getting stepped on in this way. Is there anywhere that sells something you know that you want like a stepping? If so, let us know

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
I would like to know too, although i do see one critical flaw with that article, ok, switching from idle to load take 5 secs max right? so sure its fairly slow, but in terms of a day, its almost instant, well, the processor with the highest performance will get the task done quicker, so will also clock down quicker and become idle more quicker so if the fastest one uses say 100Wh and takes 10 secs to do a task, if the most efficient one uses say 20Wh but takes 50 secs, they would be approximately equally efficient. Now unfortunately this article kinda glosses this over.