RICHARD_46

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
I HAVE A DELL INSIRON I 545-3658 COMPUTER. OPERATING SYSTEM IS VISTA 64. I WANT TO GO WIRELESS. THE COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE A WIRELESS CARD. I NEED A WIRELESS ROUTER AND A WIRELESS CARD OR WIRELESS USB ADAPTER THAT WILL ALL WORK WITH VISTA 64. HELP!

kitteh_

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
The router will transmit the wi-fi to a,b,g,n [correct if I'm wrong] but sometimes not all at the same time. What kind of use are you wanted from your wi-fi? Gaming or surfing? What price range? What Motherboard / other system components have you got? Your OS shouldn't - might - but shouldn't make adifference so long you've got the right drivers. Give me more info. :]

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Almost any router ought to work. Most wireless setups, i dont use the cd. Just wire into the router, use command prompt and use an ipconfig /all command to find the gateway, aka your router, enter it's ip into a browser and you should be able to configure via that web interface. Wifi card, you should be ok as long as it supports vista 64 or better as vista and 7 have a lot of the same code.