Can't close application

When I click on the 'x' on the top right corner of a window the application
does not close. I get a message asking me if I want to 'End task'.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Malke

Ben H wrote:

> When I click on the 'x' on the top right corner of a window the
> application
> does not close. I get a message asking me if I want to 'End task'.
> Can anyone help please?
> Thanks

Does this happen with all applications or just one? If just one, which
one? Is your computer 100% virus and malware-free? If you think it is,
what did you do to determine this?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

It happens with most applications.
I have been checking things out since first posting and I think you are
right, it may have a virus or trojan on my system.
Thanks for replying. If I fix it myself, I'll post back.

> Ben H wrote:
>
>> When I click on the 'x' on the top right corner of a window the
>> application
>> does not close. I get a message asking me if I want to 'End task'.
>> Can anyone help please?
>> Thanks
>
> Does this happen with all applications or just one? If just one, which
> one? Is your computer 100% virus and malware-free? If you think it is,
> what did you do to determine this?
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

I changer my name and email address regularly in newsgroups, so sorry for
the different name.
Ben H