Your question

Passive CPU cooling?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Cooling
Last response: in CPUs
July 11, 2007 7:52:08 PM

Hi,
What are some companies that offer Passive CPU cooling?
Out of those companies, what models are known for good passive cooling?
Lastly, is passive cooling a good idea, or should I just go with a silent fan? I have 2 systems, one is a Pentium 4 that is kinda loud. The other is an Athlon 3500+. I know the Athlon doesn't produce much heat/noise anyway, but just the idea of having it passive cooled...

More about : passive cpu cooling

July 11, 2007 8:20:20 PM

how many 120s do u have? if u have one intake and one exhaust you can run an ultra120 xtreme passive. its size and cooling performance is very high. i hear amds are known for high heat so try lowering your cpu voltage for your cpu to get some better temps.

if you can go for a fan, throw a Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120MM fan and your set. shes at 20db, thats FCUKING QUIET! and is rated at 49cfm

July 11, 2007 8:23:42 PM

stan412 said:
Hi,
What are some companies that offer Passive CPU cooling?
Out of those companies, what models are known for good passive cooling?
Lastly, is passive cooling a good idea, or should I just go with a silent fan? I have 2 systems, one is a Pentium 4 that is kinda loud. The other is an Athlon 3500+. I know the Athlon doesn't produce much heat/noise anyway, but just the idea of having it passive cooled...

There are a lot of great coolers, but those are meant to use fans.
The best passive cooler I think you can use is the Thermaltake Sonic Tower. Use it with a exhaust fan in the case.
http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Cooler/Retail/CL-P0323/cl-p0323.asp
July 11, 2007 8:46:24 PM

YO! the Sonic Tower looks solid. go for that, and i bet its cheaper then the Ultra too
!