intel e6600
2gig of g.skill ddr2 800 ram
nvidia 8800gts 640
xfi fatality sound card
enermax liberty 500watt
arctic freezer 7 pro
assorted 7200rpm drives
Vista home premium

Now, I have had a good success overclocking with this setup. My bios settings are worked around this page.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115217
I have a 3200 mhz setup that runs really stable and cool temps with a minor ram oc, and everything is happy...except for the sound. Randomly, when it will boot, starting with the windows chime at the beggining the sound is horribly staticy. I had this problem with onboard, bought the...expensive soundcard...so I could get some vista driver support, and I am now experiencing the same problems as the onboard. Anyways, the problems continue when I minimize/maximize a window, or use the mouse wheel in a window while sound is playing. Some games sound fine, while others are unplayable. The ONLY way I have found to fix this is to restore my settings to the original bios settings, and then I can overclock again and it will be fine until it either randomly is bad again, or the computer has to be hard reset for some reason or another.

I don't know if this is a vista thing or not because I have googled for hours and can only find 1 forum post about it and they have the same setup as I do with vista. I almost ordered a new mobo out of frustration last night...but felt like not spending more money, so if someone has a solution please let me know!

Thank you!

jetfx

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
i had the same problem with my striker extreme, i fix the problem by setting a ground cable directly to the chasis. hope it works for you to