Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004
I have

C2D E6300
512mb x 2 DDR-II 533
power safe 500 W psu
Gigabyte 945GMS2
no gfx card

when I am doing video encoding I have noticed twice that after the encoding is over and about to write the DVD the machine reboots suddenly.

THe CPU temp max goes 56C

Any clues why this is happening.

The total power consumed is 124 Watts as per APC powerchut software which comes with APC UPS

Thanks.

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
WTH is a power safe PSU? Immediately I suspect the PSU as I am not familiar with it; check the 12V rails in the BIOS and if possible, post the specs of the PSU (i.e. the amperage on the 12V rails). Or post a link to the PSU.

Could possibly be a software issue, but Idk....Someone else can help further...

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
Dangit; won't let me edit my post...anyhow, supposedly that PSU is top of the line or something; at least off a site from Google. Nonetheless, check the voltages.

You did not identify the OS; is it Vista or XP? Also, was it a fresh install or not? I would run Memtest86 if you have the chance. Or, run Orthos to check system stability.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
one - take the door off it that solves the problem the psu is most likely over heating

two - blow air on too the mobo with a small fan - if that solves the problem the nb is over heating

three - check your background programs and ram use - turn off extra programs - if that helps add more ram

there is a start!

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007

Do you have dvd43 running (if you do it'll be a little smiley face in the taskbar)? This crashes my machine if i try to write a cd/dvd while it's active.

EDIT: I mean crash as in the machine just reboots (e.g. nero encodes, go to write and machine just reboots, no warning)