Xp stops loading at 34 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnbligh

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
I have tried just about everything to resolve this problem. I made a Slipstream disk included SP3 files, SATA Drivers Spent Hours on line seeking a solution. AllI have got for my efforts is The Evil Blue Screen.

capnbligh

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010

No To your Question.
Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves, not able to provide a fix for what is obviously an unfixable problem by normal logical means every fix I have read about involves more luck than logic

capnbligh

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010

No To your Question.
Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves, not able to provide a fix for what is obviously an unfixable problem by normal logical means every fix I have read about involves more luck than logic

Oz-bar11

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'm not that much help cause I don't know your BIOS :p.

As you probably know, XP was never meant to use SATA, natively.

Tell me your board model and I'll check it out.

jpjeffries

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
hi, in another forum it was advised that I remove the nic during install. I am going to try that soon, and thought I would post it meanwhile in case it gives someone else success. If I remember I will also post my results. jpj

pho46514

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

I have looked your model number up on ASUS.I know through experience that XP will not install in AHCI,so set your bios to sata mode.When you are installing XP and it gives you the option to format your hard disk,select full format.If none of that works,download the manual from the ASUS website and you might be able to find the solution to your problem.
www.asus.com

services
support
downloads
put model number in box then search
select XP operating system
select manual
select English version
select Global
You need Adobe Reader to read the manual.Download from www.adobe.com

d

pho46514

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

I forgot to say,if you are trying to install on top of windows 7 and you have changed your bios to sata mode,you must boot from your cd drive.In the bios change the boot order so the cd drive is the first boot.Don't forget to save it to cmos.You will lose your Windows 7 operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.