It's my memory... right? Help needed! =(

rsxzx

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2007
My rig consists of a pair of Buffalo Firestix coupled alongside a Bad Axe 2. My baby has been down for about a month! I've been a bit lazy to rectify its problem. >_< I believe my problems began when I reset my BIOs to default settings, that’s when the random errors and blue screens started to happen. A few days later I couldn’t boot into XP anymore.

I'm guessing my sticks went haywire because I forgot that the Firestix are underclocked below stock settings, so I had been running them underclocked for about a week before the problems began. They're set at 1.7V on initial boot I believe... but the Buffalo website says I need to change it to 2.1V after the initial boot, which I did do when I first received my sticks. I've tried swapping one stick out and vice versa but memtest always gives me the same result; all errors.

I'm thinking about RMAing, but seeing as how cheap memory is right now I'm thinking about just picking up a pair of G.Skill GZ or Super Talents. How is the RAM process with Buffalo? I've never RMAed anything before. :\

But bleh, with all those errors, could it be my motherboard? What are some tests that I could perform to make sure that the problem is with my memory, and not my mobo?

Thanks in advance! Here are my dreaded memtest results, lol.

img0305wi9.jpg