Sign in with
Your question

asus P5K-SE vs P5K vs P5K deluxe ( quality of component ? )

Last response: in Overclocking
July 19, 2007 4:11:37 PM

strictly to overclock,

i wish to know if there's anything better in p5k deluxe

i already know the southbridge is ICH9R and is linked to the batch heatsink.
i already know that the P5K southbridge isn't linked to the batch heatsink.
i already know that the P5K-SE has separate aluminum sinks instead of the batch heatsink.

i wish to know : if i buy a P5K (vanilla ) and buy a watercooling kit to cool the cpu AND the southbridge,
then, i use a fan toward the existing batch heatsink to cool northbridge and transistors a little more... would the board be able to surpass a P5K deluxe...

i also wish to know: if i buy a P5K-se and i watercool everything ( except the transistors between cpu and backplate ) would it do the same... if not, is there a way to cool those transistors through the same watercooling kit and then, would it surpass a p5k deluxe...

the Black Pearl evga 680i has pre-installed waterblocks, does it include any complete watercooling kit ?
July 6, 2008 10:28:19 AM

I run a P5K-E and a P5K Deluxe on my two comps, and cant tell them apart, same oc's and temps, well maybe a lil cooler on the Deluxe NorthBridge then the P5K-E, but that's it...both are a good buy, no clue on the water cooling, just air for me. :sweat: 

AO
a c 136 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
July 7, 2008 6:20:35 AM

Shall i say non of them?
Go for P5K-E WIFI instead,because P5K-E WIFI has better cooling than P5K and P5K-E (Non WIFI).
Also the difference betwee P5K-E WIFI and P5K DELUXE is that P5K-E WIFI has one less gigabit lan + one less copper which isn't important and the other spec/layout is exactly the same as P5K DELUXE and its cheaper so my vote goes for P5K-E WIFI, i have one and i love it :)  It OCs very well and its rock solid stable,here is my config:

Core2Duo E6600@3.2
ASUS P5KE- WIFI
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 500GB 16MB
OCZ VINDICATOR CPU COOLER
OCZ 4GB REAPER DDR2 800 4-4-4-15
OCZ 8800GTX @612/1080(=8800ULTRA)
OCZ PROXSTREAM 1000WAT
THERMALTAKE ARMOR CASE
LG M228WA MONITOR
XP 32 + SP3 RC1

!