Enable mandatory password login WIN XP HOME

Hello
I would like to ask ask you how I could enable a mandatory login password when accessing a computer with Win XP Home edition.

I know I can change permissions by booting Win XP Home in safe mode. But what I see then is just three users:

"admin"
"my user"
"SYSTEM"

The problem comes because I do not know what settings I have to put after booting in safe mode.

I would like to avoid other users access this computer from other computers in the same local network without having to enter a password.
Thank you very much in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about enable mandatory password login home
  1. Hello
    I have to add that the user "my user" does have a password and that it requires the password whenever I want to enter from the computer I created this user. However if I try to access this computer from another computer in the same local network then it does not require any password.
    Thank you very much in advance.
  2. try this:
    click start you will see your users-icon in the up side of the start window
    > click on this icon
    (click on (<--) previous if possible)
    and use the option remove password (orsomething)
  3. sadiek said:
    try this:
    click start you will see your users-icon in the up side of the start window
    > click on this icon
    (click on (<--) previous if possible)
    and use the option remove password (orsomething)

Well, I did try that as well before doing it with password but that did not work either.
    Any other idea?
    Thanks
  4. When you say:
    thosecars82 said:
    However if I try to access this computer from another computer in the same local network then it does not require any password.

What exactly are you accessing? is it a network share. If it is a network share you should be able to set this up using the Sharing Options for the folders.
Ask a new question

Read More

Safe Mode Login Computers Windows XP