Sign in with
Your question

Enable mandatory password login WIN XP HOME

Last response: in Windows XP
January 11, 2010 4:54:21 PM

Hello
I would like to ask ask you how I could enable a mandatory login password when accessing a computer with Win XP Home edition.

I know I can change permissions by booting Win XP Home in safe mode. But what I see then is just three users:

"admin"
"my user"
"SYSTEM"

The problem comes because I do not know what settings I have to put after booting in safe mode.

I would like to avoid other users access this computer from other computers in the same local network without having to enter a password.
Thank you very much in advance.
January 11, 2010 5:04:42 PM

Hello
I have to add that the user "my user" does have a password and that it requires the password whenever I want to enter from the computer I created this user. However if I try to access this computer from another computer in the same local network then it does not require any password.
Thank you very much in advance.

January 11, 2010 5:05:22 PM

try this:
click start you will see your users-icon in the up side of the start window
> click on this icon
(click on (<--) previous if possible)
and use the option remove password (orsomething)
Related resources
January 11, 2010 5:56:47 PM

sadiek said:
try this:
click start you will see your users-icon in the up side of the start window
> click on this icon
(click on (<--) previous if possible)
and use the option remove password (orsomething)

Well, I did try that as well before doing it with password but that did not work either.
Any other idea?
Thanks
January 12, 2010 7:33:17 AM

When you say:
thosecars82 said:
However if I try to access this computer from another computer in the same local network then it does not require any password.

What exactly are you accessing? is it a network share. If it is a network share you should be able to set this up using the Sharing Options for the folders.
!