Will my CPU be OK with this???????

i`ve got a AMD Athlon64 4000 @2.5ghz(single core skt939) and a nvidia 7600GT but i`m considering upgrading to 8800GTS 320mb, i mostly play racing sims GTL/GTR2 and rFactor on a LG L226WTQ 22" widescreen @1680x1050res.

would my CPU be able to do this card justice
10 answers Last reply
More about will this
  1. Yes, in games that dont use duo core, itll be fine
  2. I have a 8800 320MB for sale -- about a month old: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/125114

Wanna make me an offer...........?
  3. "Will my CPU be OK with this???????"

Did you bother asking your CPU first?! =D
  4. leo2kp yes i did ask it, it said it would be prefer if the 8800gts would wear stocking and suspenders, its a bit funny that way
  5. Nope your 2.5 might be fast enough to run the card but wont keep up with everything else. I also hope your running 2Gig of ram. Duall cores are cheap right now I just got a 939_Opty_170 duall core from newegg for like 120:00. If you do the vista tester in nvidia Szone the cpu wont pass muster.I keep my 3700Sandy around in case of emergency's but I run duall core's. That Video card was designed to be ran with a duall core. BA
  6. badarthur:- "won`t keep up with everthing else" such as? nope only got 1 gig of ram, not running VISTA no bloody intention to, winXP sp2 and whats an Opty 170
  7. :bounce: whatcha want for the 7600gt,what breed is it...
  8. fmc1717 said:
    badarthur:- "won`t keep up with everthing else" such as? nope only got 1 gig of ram, not running VISTA no bloody intention to, winXP sp2 and whats an Opty 170
    Its a Opteron 170, the best 939s made, duo core also. They are the highest binned, or top dawg processors from the batch. Server chips, theyll do most anything a regular chip can, and are great quality
  9. i thought the opteron 185 was best for s939.
  10. That was sposed to be 939's made, meaning the opteron class. And yes the 185 IS the best, Im lucky enuff to own one, but it runs hot
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CPUs Graphics