Partition Type BAD ?

Norton Partion Magic 8 reports one of my disks as Partion type BAD. Any attempt to reformat it result in a rebot where the program reprots this message:

Error 4: Bad argument / parameter. Will Reboot now.

What can i do.?
3 answers Last reply
More about partition type
  1. Is this after repartitioning an already formatted and in use drive with Partition Magic? You could try this:Right click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk Management under storage on the left. Right click on the graphic for the partition in question and delete the partition. Then right click on the unused disk space and create a new partition and format it. If it got cobbed by Partition Magic you may be in trouble.
  2. Partition Magic 8 reports that my hdd partition type is BAD but I'm still using this hdd with windows xp. I was trying to install ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition. It installed completely but didn't dual boot, rather booted usually in windows xp and my whole hdd is showing BAD. All my data on this hdd is ok. I just want to change something in my partition and I need this BAD thing cleared. I can't loose my data anyway. Can anyone help me how to restore my hdd from BAD partition type?
  3. Zorg said:
    Is this after repartitioning an already formatted and in use drive with Partition Magic? You could try this:Right click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk Management under storage on the left. Right click on the graphic for the partition in question and delete the partition. Then right click on the unused disk space and create a new partition and format it. If it got cobbed by Partition Magic you may be in trouble.

Thank you - brilliant advice! This BAD event happened to me after installing W7, then finding that drivers did not work and could not be updated for my LAN card, Sound card and Video card; so went back to XP but it would not install due to corrupted C drive. Fortunatly old C-drive to hand helped me get up an running and installed new corrupted C-drive as slave. Partician-Magic could not format the drive but your solution fixed it. Not sure what caused this but thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Norton Partition Storage