Can you load RCT1 parks in RCT3?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 3, 2004 12:34:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

As per subject...

More about : load rct1 parks rct3

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 4:05:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

In article <41aeefaf$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, manuel@somewhere.com says...
> As per subject...

No, there are too many different things in the game. RCT1 parks can't be
loaded into RCT2 never mind 3. You can import your rides, that's it, and
you may find alot don't work as the way the rides behave is different..

--
LittleMissMikey
Anonymous

LittleMissMikey wrote:

>> As per subject...
>>
> No, there are too many different things in the game. RCT1 parks can't
> be loaded into RCT2 never mind 3. You can import your rides, that's
> it, and you may find alot don't work as the way the rides behave is
> different..

Hopefully someone will write a third-party converter then, that can
take RCT1/RCT2 parks and save them as RCT3 format. That'd work, but
it'd take someone who can code and loves the games.
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 7:39:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

Hi!

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:49:33 +1100, "Jock Strap" <jock@strap.com> wrote:

>Hopefully someone will write a third-party converter then, that can
>take RCT1/RCT2 parks and save them as RCT3 format. That'd work, but
>it'd take someone who can code and loves the games.

It would cause a lot of problems, though, since there are many items that don't exist
in RCT3 that were in 1+2; particularly scenery items, but also some coasters and
rides. So while I'd love to be able to convert my old parks, I am not holding my
breath.

Greetings from Cologne
Alex
--