changing icon for dvd or cdrom hardware

Hi gang,
just a quick one please.

How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic used
for my cdrom.
Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
Using xp pro.
Much thanks

--
Pete S
4 answers Last reply

    Try control-panel,folder options,file types,locate the current icon for the
    dvd,change.

    "Pete S" wrote:

    > Hi gang,
    > just a quick one please.
    >
    > How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic used
    > for my cdrom.
    > Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
    > Using xp pro.
    > Much thanks
    >
    > --
    > Pete S

    Right-click on the drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer. Select
    Properties, Icon.

    courtney sends....

    "Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
    > Hi gang,
    > just a quick one please.
    >
    > How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic
    > used for my cdrom.
    > Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
    > Using xp pro.
    > Much thanks
    >
    > --
    > Pete S

    ta Andrew, thats the one.

    --
    Pete S
    > Try control-panel,folder options,file types,locate the current icon for
    > the
    > dvd,change.
    >
    > "Pete S" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi gang,
    >> just a quick one please.
    >>
    >> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic
    >> used
    >> for my cdrom.
    >> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
    >> Using xp pro.
    >> Much thanks
    >>
    >> --
    >> Pete S

    Thanks for the reply, had tried that all ready, but no joy. The reply from
    Andrew above did the trick.

    --
    Pete S
    "Courtney" <a@b.c> wrote in message
    > Right-click on the drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer. Select
    > Properties, Icon.
    >
    > courtney sends....
    >
    > "Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi gang,
    >> just a quick one please.
    >>
    >> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic
    >> used for my cdrom.
    >> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
    >> Using xp pro.
    >> Much thanks
    >>
    >> --
    >> Pete S