Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

changing icon for dvd or cdrom hardware

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:10:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi gang,
just a quick one please.

How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic used
for my cdrom.
Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
Using xp pro.
Much thanks

--
Pete S
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:10:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Try control-panel,folder options,file types,locate the current icon for the
dvd,change.

"Pete S" wrote:

> Hi gang,
> just a quick one please.
>
> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic used
> for my cdrom.
> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
> Using xp pro.
> Much thanks
>
> --
> Pete S
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:10:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Right-click on the drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer. Select
Properties, Icon.

courtney sends....

"Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
news:Y0jwe.74998$Vj3.73105@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi gang,
> just a quick one please.
>
> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic
> used for my cdrom.
> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
> Using xp pro.
> Much thanks
>
> --
> Pete S
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:16:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

ta Andrew, thats the one.

--
Pete S
"Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
news:EBC2BB39-BE53-4727-BA1E-257F9675358F@microsoft.com...
> Try control-panel,folder options,file types,locate the current icon for
> the
> dvd,change.
>
> "Pete S" wrote:
>
>> Hi gang,
>> just a quick one please.
>>
>> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic
>> used
>> for my cdrom.
>> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
>> Using xp pro.
>> Much thanks
>>
>> --
>> Pete S
>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:18:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Thanks for the reply, had tried that all ready, but no joy. The reply from
Andrew above did the trick.


--
Pete S
"Courtney" <a@b.c> wrote in message
news:D Ykwe.141785$sy6.82521@lakeread04...
> Right-click on the drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer. Select
> Properties, Icon.
>
> courtney sends....
>
> "Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> news:Y0jwe.74998$Vj3.73105@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> Hi gang,
>> just a quick one please.
>>
>> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic
>> used for my cdrom.
>> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
>> Using xp pro.
>> Much thanks
>>
>> --
>> Pete S
>>
>
>
!