changing icon for dvd or cdrom hardware

Hi gang,
just a quick one please.

How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic used
for my cdrom.
Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
Using xp pro.
Much thanks

--
Pete S

Right-click on the drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer. Select
Properties, Icon.

courtney sends....

"Pete S" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Hi gang,
> just a quick one please.
>
> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic
> used for my cdrom.
> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
> Using xp pro.
> Much thanks
>
> --
> Pete S

Try control-panel,folder options,file types,locate the current icon for the
dvd,change.

"Pete S" wrote:

> Hi gang,
> just a quick one please.
>
> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic used
> for my cdrom.
> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
> Using xp pro.
> Much thanks
>
> --
> Pete S

ta Andrew, thats the one.

--
Pete S
> Try control-panel,folder options,file types,locate the current icon for
> the
> dvd,change.
>
> "Pete S" wrote:
>
>> Hi gang,
>> just a quick one please.
>>
>> How do I change the icon picture for my DVD drive, as its the same pic
>> used
>> for my cdrom.
>> Each time I look at property's, I can not find any way to change the pic.
>> Using xp pro.
>> Much thanks
>>
>> --
>> Pete S

Thanks for the reply, had tried that all ready, but no joy. The reply from
Andrew above did the trick.

--
Pete S