Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
Hi guys.

Let me first start with my Specs.

MOBO= DSP3 rev 3.3, F10
CPU= E6600
MEM= 2 x 1gig Corsair XMS2 RAM 4-4-4-12
XFX Nvidia EE 8800gts 360

Initially before I OC'd I updated all drivers including the BIOS to F12 and the latest chipset drivers. Slammed in Gigabyte water cooling and replced the stock NB heatsink with a fan unit to keep it nice and cool. OK I have two hard drives one running XPsp1 and the other Vista Ultimate 32bit.

When I OC'd I disconnected the Vista drive for some reason and successfully OC'd to 3.2g and under full load the temp of the cpu never went above 55 deg Celcius I reconnected the HD with the Vista OS and for some reason my pc just refused to boot up with ANY OC'd setting. I tried everything but no luck. I cant even down clock to a lower frequency. The moment I touch the BIOS the pc gets as far as testing the ram and then shuts down and reversts back to the stock settings.

Then I tried the ram and removed one memory module at a time and I could over clock again. The moment how ever when I have both modules in the same thing happens.

Now I have a very nice water cooling system which only use will be as a very small fish tank inside my PC if I can't get to overclock again

barrydeane

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
I just did some further tests and here are a few other problems.

I loaded the optimised defaults in the BIOS. Then I changed the CPU freq from Disable to Enabled and just that change results in my PC not want to start. It gets as far as the memory test and then reboots and loads the default settings. I tried the C.I.A 2 function and chose the first option wich is fast I think and stil the same. PC reboots after saving BIOS settings and then gets as far as the MEM test and the same thing happens.

Orbixx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Well the two facts are:

You take a stick of memory out and it works.

It reboots and such at the memory testing.

Everything points to the memory. I'd suggest trying both modules individually, because it just might be one particular faulty module - in which case you'll just need a replacement.