Sign in with
Your question

How to reinstall Windows Vista Home Premium on Acer Aspire 5100 laptop

Last response: in Windows Vista
September 11, 2010 5:57:31 AM

Hi,
can someone help me with this, please?
I have no installing CDs for the operating system, they never came with the lap top. There is some hidden partition on my hard drive that is supposedly keeping the re-installation files but I am not sure how to find and use them.
I appreciate your help.
a b D Laptop
September 12, 2010 12:19:30 AM

There is indeed a recovery partition on your laptop. To access it, simply hold down alt+f10 when you turn the computer on. If that doesn't work, shut it down, hold down zero, and power on.
September 13, 2010 12:12:38 AM

buwish said:
There is indeed a recovery partition on your laptop. To access it, simply hold down alt+f10 when you turn the computer on. If that doesn't work, shut it down, hold down zero, and power on.

Excellent. Thank you buwish. Just to clarify, when you say recovery you are talking about setup to the factory settings, right? My comp is acting weird (deleted my Desktop and My Documents) and I want to delete everything and start from scratch.
Thanks again. :-)
October 6, 2011 1:28:52 AM

buwish said:

Thanks so much! You saved us buying a new computer!!
!