RCA to Dvi/VGA

shargrath

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Hey guys I'm looking at getting a new 22" monitor I was wondering if there were any plugs that would convert an RCA signal into a Dvi/VGA signal, I can find heaps of VGA/Dvi to RCA plugs but not any RCA to Dvi/VGA plugs probably because they don't exist...could you guys tell me if it is possible and if so could you please tell me where I can find them.

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
What are you trying to plug into the monitor? Some monitors have Composite jacks as well as other inputs. We need more information. RCA/Composite is pretty much bottom of the ladder in terms of cables are concerned. Even most DVD players made after 1999 have progressive scan which you need component to reap the benefits.

Shargrath, for what you want to do there is no 'adapter' but there are converter boxes. for the price I'd just spend the money on a monitor that supports all the inputs (look at the ones that do dual duty as a monitor and TV [but be sure to keep the resolution higher).
I's easier to convert single coax composit to Svideo than to DVI/VGA.

There's a nice cheap 24" Benq at my best buy that has every jack imagineable including HDMI. So depending on the price you're looking at for that 22" you may be well in reach of something that doesn't require fiddling with external converters.

Just check the specs before you buy.

shargrath

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Hey thanks for the reply's I can get a normal 48cm lcd tv for $380 Australian I think Ill go with that, I also looked at dual duty monitors and the cheapest one i can find is $600ish and thats only 20"

karunakar

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
aint it possible to convert component to dvi.
cos 'm gonna get a settop box which has only component output and my monitor got dvi inputs.
dont ask me to change the monitor, its 22" one which i bought recently ;)