ATI Problem

hugh123

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
When I boot up my computer it looks like a water painting I get a message saying, The ATI control panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed,or ATI driver is not working properly it also say the control panel will not exit.
I click on update driver in device manager and use and xp cd it updated driver from it and seem to work ok but when I booted the computer next day it was back to looking like a water painting again any suggestion.

Thanks Hugh.

Sounds like you need to re-install or update the ATI driver. You can do that here: select your version of XP, type of card you have, and the series. Download and save. Go to your control panel and uninstall your current ATI driver (and Cataylst Control Panel), re-start your computer, boot to XP, double-click of the file you downloaded from ATI earlier.

DLH

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

Hello, I have close to the same problem but I can't go online to download anything. I am on my other laptop with vista, if I download on here can it be transferred over to my laptop with xp? Or do you know of something else I could do without being able to go online?
Thank you,
Darrell or name here is DLH