Burning to bootable cd-rom

If the ISO is an image of a bootable CD, all you have to do is burn the ISO to a CD. Use Nero or any other software that recognizes ISO's and burn it as a Disc Image. Once the burn is complete, check in Explorer and make sure the files/directory structure is there. If you can see files and/or directories (and not just a single file ie xxxxxx.iso) then you should be ready to go. Reboot and make sure that your optical drive is set to boot first in your BIOS.

What is the ISO of? Linux I hope. Gotta love Ubuntu.

Polar_012

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
I have figured it out but i need answers for the following.

How to determine whether the ISO is bootable or not? The ISO is memtest86.

I got Nero 7 CD but it seems it doesn't work on Vista. All i need to do is download the update file from Nero site and update my nero right?

Thanks.

Polar_012

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
What do you mean put in the computer? I want to know whether an ISO image is bootable or not? What steps must i take.

flooder

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006

Yup. What Valis said.
Use Nero to burn.

More pictures of step by step when using Nero software (*Note...the pictures is an old Nero Version, but should be very similiar to the new Nero).
http://www.wizardskeep.org/mainhall/tutor/neroiso.html

gators1223

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
figuring out if an iso is bootable is easy first you burn it then put it in the comp turn off turn on, if it boots to the OS it isn't bootable, if it boots to whatever app it is

Polar_012

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
So the only way to identify iso image is bootable or not is by burning it to a normal data cd?

If the .iso image is bootable, once burning to cd there will be a boot folder with a .cat and .img file?

Not all iso image are bootable right? If they are not bootable i would have to use Nero or other programmes that are able to burn bootable CD to make the iso bootable right?

Thanks.

valis

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2005

omgwtf, if it's a BOOTABLE iso it'll make a BOOTABLE cd. dejesustapdancingchristo, you could have had this done 3 days ago.

DOWNLOAD IT
OPEN IT WITH NERO
CLICK ON "BURN"
that's the entire process.

your options are:
1. download the image, burn it, put it in the comp, boot from cd
or
2. keep asking the same question over and over again for another week.

up to you i guess.

Valis

valis

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2005

oh come on. use a computer before commenting. he's not talking IMAGE like jpg or bmp, he's talking CD or DVD image, ISO files.

you're only confusing him.

Valis

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
yeah, you could have set up a virtual machine and then thrown the ISO file at it. :lol:
though it is probably easier to just burn the disk.

TRENDING THREADS