x1900xtx overclocking help

london_prophet

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Ok, I'm using an HIS x1900xtx with Zalman fan.

I don't have the catalyst control cente (CCC) running. I do have ATItool running from startup.

I would like to set it up such that the card preferably runs in 2D mode (or equivalent) when not doing games, and runs at my default 3D mode while running games, and moreover runs an overclocked 3D mode when I specifically tell it to.
- What settings do I need in the "x1000 overclocking" and "startup" tabs in "settings". How many profiles do I need to set up and what should their settings be - why can't I seem to save different voltages for different settings?

Do I need to disable ATI Hotkey poller and ATI Smart (in services.msc and msconfig respectively)?

What voltage should I be using for overclocking, and how do I make it save this?
I'm looking for a medium overclock - so I see an improvement but not necessarily taking the card to the "limit" - what core/memory speeds should I be using?

Thanks a lot in advance. I've seen quite a few overclocking guides for these cards on the net but none of them seem to answer my questions very well.

Tom

akahuddy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
Google and search for X_C_P_U_S and ATI overclocking and click on the second link. YourMothersAnAstronaut wrote a very nice guide.