Sign in with
Your question

Know a good online vendor for cables (sata etc) ???

Last response: in Systems
July 15, 2007 10:52:24 PM

Modding my case a little.. just some new paint on inside etc... I have all different colored cables and I'd like to fix that... specifically looking for sata cables and maybe some others.... a lot of the usual sites have ridiculous prices for these cables and I need like 6 of em...
Any one know any good, cheap vendors...
also - is there any diff between sataI (1.5) and sataII (3) cables? They're the same cables right?
July 15, 2007 11:11:23 PM

I see them on NewEgg for like $1.50 each and, IDK about the differences.
July 16, 2007 2:35:31 AM

Looked at Newegg.... did'nt see much if anything at 1.50, but I did see that they called some of the cables sata 150 cables and some sataII cables.... I'm pretty sure there's no diff between the two, but I'd like to know for sure
Related resources
July 16, 2007 3:22:25 AM

I'd say that's the kind of thing you need to go to a shop for.
July 16, 2007 3:26:23 AM

www.nexfan.com is a great place and the guy that runs it ships pretty fast, and he always has specials going on.
July 16, 2007 4:59:43 AM

monoprice.com is awfully cheap, but with the cost of postage, you might want to just buy these cables locally.
July 16, 2007 5:37:36 AM

Newegg has good prices but one cable will cost you 5 dollars to have it shipped to you. That's just to much for me to pay.

If I'm looking for cable purchases I go to http://www.coolerguys.com.

Great selection of cables and the shipping wont break the bank.

Lots of places have cables of all verities just look out for the shipping and handling.

Local buys for me don't cut it, what with the waste of time and gas, now that the local compusa is gone, it's even worse.

July 16, 2007 5:43:03 AM

thanks for all the suggestions...
got 6 cables, picked color and length, for 12 bucks.. free shipping
from nexfan.com
July 16, 2007 4:17:10 PM

Well, if it's free shipping, then yeah :)  it's nice.
August 15, 2007 12:11:09 AM

cjcps.com has pretty much everything and they have good rma service. I started using them about a year ago.
August 15, 2007 12:16:23 AM

cjcps.com
went there... you have to register to enter their online store?
www.cjcps.com took me to a page requiring you to register
August 29, 2007 1:58:46 PM

It's for business customers but they sell to end users too. login and you will see they have everything. looks like they moved to cjcps.com/portal and are working on a new site at cjcps.com. They ship super fast too.
August 29, 2007 3:37:20 PM

Try SVC.com you can order OkGear SATAII cables (in UV colors) for almost the same price as the Egg. You can have them shipped by USPS and not have to pay more for shipping than the part is worth. If you order cables from New Egg, its best to include them in a purchase you're already making.
!