Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
  • Computer
  • Product
Last response: in Memory
July 18, 2007 1:11:00 PM

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can inform me in how to set up RAM in your computer. I bought DDR 2 1066 Crucial RAM when it went on sale. I didn't know about all the technicalities in 1:1 mapping and latencies and I don't want to bottleneck the computer. Overclocking wasn't an issue, I just thought the price was competitive with slower RAM so I bought it. How do you set up the faster RAM? I notice on most motherboard manufacturer's websites, that DDR2 800 is supported. So, how do you set up 1066 RAM then?

My other question is can I have the DDR2 1066 (PC-8500) RAM running at it's given speed without overclocking the motherboard or would I have to? (To get 1:1).

Thanks in advance for replies and answers.

More about : setting ram 1066

July 18, 2007 1:54:21 PM

if your overclocking your fsb should be 266 and just set your ram multiplier at 4x
July 28, 2007 1:15:51 PM

Canuck1 said:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can inform me in how to set up RAM in your computer. I bought DDR 2 1066 Crucial RAM when it went on sale. I didn't know about all the technicalities in 1:1 mapping and latencies and I don't want to bottleneck the computer. Overclocking wasn't an issue, I just thought the price was competitive with slower RAM so I bought it. How do you set up the faster RAM? I notice on most motherboard manufacturer's websites, that DDR2 800 is supported. So, how do you set up 1066 RAM then?

My other question is can I have the DDR2 1066 (PC-8500) RAM running at it's given speed without overclocking the motherboard or would I have to? (To get 1:1).

Thanks in advance for replies and answers.

Some motherboards will run it at the correct speed after you've installed the modules, depends. Which motherboard are you using? Other motherboards will neeed a bios flash first. Also what cpu do you have?
!