P35 DS3R noise?

Canuck1

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
I'm looking to buy a Core2Duo board and looking at the P35 DS3R but I read it produces a lot of noise? There is at least one website that compares motherboards and the Gigabyte boards make the most noise. I would have searched the forum for any posts about this but I gave up trying to figure out the new (TH's) format. I couldn't find an easy way to search but if you can forgive me for posting this subject (again?), I would like to obtain opinions about this board from Gigabyte owners. Is your board noisy?

I read elsewhere of some annoyed owners of the board returning them and buying a different board just because of the noise. This concerns me since I want to build a somewhat quiet computer. I am even looking at 'quiet' cases and case fan setups. Also, at which PSU is the most quiet or among the most quiet. Therefore, I am alarmed at the potential noise factor with the DS3R board.

Comments? The other alternatives for a motherboard is: Abit P35 (not Pro) and MSI P35 Platinum. I listed the other motherboards I'm considering in case anyone who answers this post wonders what other motherboards I'm looking at. I narrowed it down to those for price/performance reasons. I want to keep it well under $200.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
What kind of noise? A link to the website/article would be nice. I know you were only looking for answers, but it would be nice if you could pass on some information at the same time. And yes, I know how to use Google.