My e6750 doesn't go above 3GHz!

Hello all!

This is my first post here, but I have always been a regular with Tom's hardware webby and forum!

Okay, I bought my new com.

Parts affecting my o/c:
e6750
Striker Extreme
Big Typhoon
2 x Crucial BalistiX 1GB

I changed my FSB(Quad) to 1500, CPU clock at 3 GHz (Stable)
Changing it to 1600, Motherboard refuses to boot and has long beep.

Adding more info,
With default clock speed(2.66 GHz), cpu core temp is about 36 deg celsius.
@ FSB(Quad) 1500, 3 GHz, cpu core temp is 45+ deg celsius.

My take is that my big typhoon isn't working effectively, I had tried to remove and fix the HSF many times but, it doesn't seem to attach firm enough...

I appreciate any suggestion, please!!
answers
Last reply
More about e6750 doesn 3ghz
  1. KittyTom said:
    My take is that my big typhoon isn't working effectively, I had tried to remove and fix the HSF many times but, it doesn't seem to attach firm enough...

I hope you've got some sort of a thermal paste between the CPU and Heatsink (not just bare metal on metal)

Step 2: Read the article in the forum you just posted called: "[CPUs] HOWTO: Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - A Guide v1.1"
  2. Whats your ram running at?
  3. Opteron_Prime said:
    Whats your ram running at?

I'm using PC6400 Crucial BalistiX. Not quite sure if you are asking the FSB. 333 MHz for 2.66 GHz and 375 MHz for 3 GHz.

Thanks.
  4. Menetlaus, I applied the thermal paste that comes with my thermaltake big typhoon.

I did not adjust the voltages and left as default because I saw others reporting that they could clock higher without increasing cpu core voltage. Nevertheless, I will increase the voltage. =)
  5. I'd set your memory to auto timings first.
  6. you'll have to play around with it, you have to try different settings, like increase voltages to vcore, change your ram's timming and etc. ocing isnt 1 hit 1 jackpot stuff.
  7. It mgiht be the motherbaord you know. Although quite a few can go to that FSB there are still some that cant.

I suggest you up the voltage quite a bit. THEN if its stable, start lowering it slowly until you find one that isnt, then crank it up a tiny bit.

If it isnt stable with higer voltage, sorry but you are going to have to stick with 2.8ghz or so.
  8. Ya, I resign to my fate. I am very disappointed with the o/c ability of my system...
  9. dude that mobo costs like $300 and it doesn't oc very well?!! that sux sorry for that....
  10. Have you tried upping the voltage some or loosening the timings on your ram?
  11. Don't give up... 6750, Ballistix, and the Striker Extreme should hit 3GHz.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking