I hover over the time in the taskbar and I'm not seeing the date. Pondering
this problem I look real close and I see the date is being shown to me
behind the taskbar. Hmmm, I uncheck 'Keep the taskbar on top of other
windows' but then I can't see the taskbar.

What I would like is to be able to see the taskbar at all times but also be
able to hover over the time and see the date. Not only is the date hidden
from me but the other labels are presented behind the taskbar. I can see the
top border of them just peeking out from the taskbar.
Thank you,
Becky

Hi Becky,

This is a well known flaw, and there is no permanent fix for it. It has to
do with how the desktop and taskbar determine which is "on top" or in focus.
Frequently, this is seen by users of the "show desktop" feature, which
actually slightly confuses the system as to which is on top.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone