Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I\'m using XP Pro, same as friend; under Local Disk C (in explore) I see an empt

Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
January 13, 2010 11:15:23 PM

Hi, need some help please - should I delete this?

I'm using XP Pro, service pack 3, same OS and service pack level as another computer. When I right click on Start button, left click on explore; I have a file directly under Local Disk C - called "ATAS"; but it's only on 1 of the computers: What is folder "ATAS", and should I delete it?

Thanks,

Gary

More about : pro friend local disk explore empt

January 13, 2010 11:20:50 PM

I also have an empty folder under Local Disk C that just showed up; called: Config.msi, is this folder needed?
m
l
Anonymous
January 14, 2010 9:15:48 AM

You can delete the ATAS folder but leave the Config.msi one.
m
l
January 14, 2010 11:31:33 AM

What is "ATAS"?
m
l
Anonymous
January 14, 2010 4:21:50 PM

Don't know. I've never seen an ATAS folder on a Windows XP computer.
m
l
January 21, 2010 10:33:00 PM

So you're recommending to delete a folder, without knowing who or what created this folder? What happens if it was created by a program, and it's needed?

I guess until I can find out what it is; I better leave it alone.

I've done hours (yes hours) of various ways of searching & reading; but it's never the write search results.
m
l
January 21, 2010 10:50:16 PM

What's in the ATAS folder?
m
l
January 23, 2010 1:55:33 AM

It's in the original heading; but it looks like some of it got cut off; it's an empty folder - I just don't know what it is, or where it came from.

Anyway, unless someone knows what "ATAS" is, I'm leaving it - so please don't respond, unless you know what it is.

Thank you
Gary
m
l

Best solution

January 23, 2010 2:01:45 AM

Go to the tools-->folder options-->view tab-->show hidden files. If there are no hidden files in the folder, you could delete it, but the empty folder isn't harming anything.

January 23, 2010 10:49:45 AM

Are you sure it is showing as ATAS? I think it is the SATA(serial ATA), but it shouldn't shows up on xp unless you get into the BIOS.
m
l
January 24, 2010 3:44:48 AM

Best answer selected by gtbhawaii.
m
l
January 24, 2010 3:59:37 AM

ryaned said:
Are you sure it is showing as ATAS? I think it is the SATA(serial ATA), but it shouldn't shows up on xp unless you get into the BIOS.

Of course I'm sure it says ATAS and not SATA, please no more questions of this caliber please.

I always when setting up a hard drive, make the 'my folders' so they show hidden files.

Thanks for all who tried, but I have selected best answer now; so there's no more need to try to help.

Please, no more responses are needed, thanks.

Gary

m
l
January 24, 2010 4:00:17 AM

Of course I'm sure it says ATAS and not SATA, please no more questions of this caliber please.

I always when setting up a hard drive, make the 'my folders' so they show hidden files.

Thanks for all who tried, but I have selected best answer now; so there's no more need to try to help.

Please, no more responses are needed, thanks.

Gary
m
l
!