Solved

I\'m using XP Pro, same as friend; under Local Disk C (in explore) I see an empt

Hi, need some help please - should I delete this?

I'm using XP Pro, service pack 3, same OS and service pack level as another computer. When I right click on Start button, left click on explore; I have a file directly under Local Disk C - called "ATAS"; but it's only on 1 of the computers: What is folder "ATAS", and should I delete it?

Thanks,

Gary
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about friend local disk explore empt
  1. I also have an empty folder under Local Disk C that just showed up; called: Config.msi, is this folder needed?
  2. You can delete the ATAS folder but leave the Config.msi one.
  3. What is "ATAS"?
  4. Don't know. I've never seen an ATAS folder on a Windows XP computer.
  5. So you're recommending to delete a folder, without knowing who or what created this folder? What happens if it was created by a program, and it's needed?

I guess until I can find out what it is; I better leave it alone.

I've done hours (yes hours) of various ways of searching & reading; but it's never the write search results.
  6. What's in the ATAS folder?
  7. It's in the original heading; but it looks like some of it got cut off; it's an empty folder - I just don't know what it is, or where it came from.

Anyway, unless someone knows what "ATAS" is, I'm leaving it - so please don't respond, unless you know what it is.

Thank you
    Gary
  8. Best answer
    Go to the tools-->folder options-->view tab-->show hidden files. If there are no hidden files in the folder, you could delete it, but the empty folder isn't harming anything.
  9. Are you sure it is showing as ATAS? I think it is the SATA(serial ATA), but it shouldn't shows up on xp unless you get into the BIOS.
  10. Best answer selected by gtbhawaii.
  11. ryaned said:
    Are you sure it is showing as ATAS? I think it is the SATA(serial ATA), but it shouldn't shows up on xp unless you get into the BIOS.

Of course I'm sure it says ATAS and not SATA, please no more questions of this caliber please.

I always when setting up a hard drive, make the 'my folders' so they show hidden files.

Thanks for all who tried, but I have selected best answer now; so there's no more need to try to help.

Please, no more responses are needed, thanks.

Gary
  12. Of course I'm sure it says ATAS and not SATA, please no more questions of this caliber please.

I always when setting up a hard drive, make the 'my folders' so they show hidden files.

Thanks for all who tried, but I have selected best answer now; so there's no more need to try to help.

Please, no more responses are needed, thanks.

Gary
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP