I\'m using XP Pro, same as friend; under Local Disk C (in explore) I see an empt

gtbhawaii

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Hi, need some help please - should I delete this?

I'm using XP Pro, service pack 3, same OS and service pack level as another computer. When I right click on Start button, left click on explore; I have a file directly under Local Disk C - called "ATAS"; but it's only on 1 of the computers: What is folder "ATAS", and should I delete it?

Thanks,

Gary

Solution
Go to the tools-->folder options-->view tab-->show hidden files. If there are no hidden files in the folder, you could delete it, but the empty folder isn't harming anything.

gtbhawaii

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
So you're recommending to delete a folder, without knowing who or what created this folder? What happens if it was created by a program, and it's needed?

I guess until I can find out what it is; I better leave it alone.

I've done hours (yes hours) of various ways of searching & reading; but it's never the write search results.

gtbhawaii

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
It's in the original heading; but it looks like some of it got cut off; it's an empty folder - I just don't know what it is, or where it came from.

Anyway, unless someone knows what "ATAS" is, I'm leaving it - so please don't respond, unless you know what it is.

Thank you
Gary

gtbhawaii

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010

Of course I'm sure it says ATAS and not SATA, please no more questions of this caliber please.

I always when setting up a hard drive, make the 'my folders' so they show hidden files.

Thanks for all who tried, but I have selected best answer now; so there's no more need to try to help.

Please, no more responses are needed, thanks.

Gary

gtbhawaii

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Of course I'm sure it says ATAS and not SATA, please no more questions of this caliber please.

I always when setting up a hard drive, make the 'my folders' so they show hidden files.

Thanks for all who tried, but I have selected best answer now; so there's no more need to try to help.

Please, no more responses are needed, thanks.

Gary