System Voltage question

PSYCHoHoLiC

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
My voltage is pretty high on this M2N-SLI + 6000+ System. I was wondering if that would cause instabilities, it has suddenly powered off without warning twice now, but powered right back on upon hitting the power button. wondering if the out of spec voltages could have something to do with it.

779hm0.jpg

PSYCHoHoLiC

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
ultra 500watt. The strange part is, the system is 12 hour dual prime stable, but will turn itself off at random, when its idling. Just like the Power cord was pulled out of the wall.

What voltage is high? What says it's high? Are there any errors in your Event Log? How are your temps?
Does it ever shut off in the middle of use? You say it shuts off when idling. Is it truly "off," or is it just in standby? Mine does that too, but it's just standby. Check your Power settings in Control Panel (I'm assuming you're running a Microsquishy O/S).

PSYCHoHoLiC

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
@JTT NO, it shuts off completely when i hit the power button it posts again fine and boots into the system with no events or anything in the logs.

What says its high? the atx specs.. +/- 5%.

@EMP its an ultra xfinity 500w, got it over a year ago at frys for like 50 bucks.