Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I bought a laptop with an illegal copy of windows on it

Last response: in Windows Vista

Best solution

a b D Laptop
September 16, 2010 8:24:26 PM

Go back and ask for a refund,or installation of a legit copy. Tell them you will go to trading standards if it is not resolved to your satisfaction(Trading standards are pretty good at sorting things out)
a b D Laptop
September 17, 2010 8:12:26 AM

I agree. If they do not want to comply, report them to the proper authorites or at least threaten to do so to get the ball rolling on getting a legit copy of Vista installed.
Score
Related resources
a b D Laptop
September 17, 2010 9:04:41 PM

If cash converters in the UK are anything like in Australia, they are not a good place to buy from and not even very cheap. I have seen 3 year old printers there for more then a new one.
As others say get a refund or get them to supply a legal OS.
Score
a b D Laptop
September 17, 2010 10:02:43 PM

Your right Jonmor68, there are better places to buy from. The Uk is like Australia
Score
September 26, 2010 11:32:41 PM

if the laptop has a cd key on it you can phone windows and do a verification my os said this after doing a fresh install and once i had done this is was ok failing that trading standards if you cant get a refund
Score
February 14, 2012 9:00:17 AM

Hi Nicho - anything illegal is just asking for trouble. I just recently bought a notebook from a Portsmouth based company which is great cos i had to phone to guy about starting it up and he talked me through the process and was so knowledgable and friendly that my mate bought a laptop from them and they deliver free! have a look on http:/www.****.co.uk hope this helps.
Fiona
Score
a b D Laptop
February 14, 2012 12:30:05 PM

This topic has been closed by Pyree
Score
a b D Laptop
February 14, 2012 12:30:40 PM

Best answer selected by Pyree.
Score
Related resources
!