Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia Hotkey????

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2007 5:13:42 AM

Hey guys need a bit of help. I am trying to find out if I can use hotkeys with the current Forceware drivers (158.22) for my 8800GTS 640MB.

Background story is as follows:
My computer which i use for everything gaming, work, play, and as a HTPC is in my office. Down the hall is my tv and surround sound system. I have dvi-hdmi and a toslink cable running from my computer to my tv and watching movies is really sweet. I have set up MediaPortal (MP) and have ordered a M$ Media Center Remote (which works awesomely w/ MP as I have been told) now all I need is a way to change which screen (my Gateway FPD2185W or my Samsung LNS3251D) is the primary w/ the use of my key board.

The problem begins as I have to set my Sammy as primary so that MP can render the movies (which is fine and dandy), but when I am done w/ MP and want to game or use the internet I need a way of switching my Gateway back to the primary monitor (from the Sammy), and the standard way of right clicking on the desktop -> properties -> settings just doesn't work as my key board and mouse are in a different room down the hall.

I am running Xp Pro Sp2 if it helps. A friend suggested using a hot key or a macro. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

JuGgErS out.

More about : nvidia hotkey

August 1, 2007 3:43:01 AM

thank your jak1s I will give it a look.
!