jaybee_12

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

I am running MS Vista sp2 on an Acer Aspire Intel Core Duo E4700 @ 2.6GHz I have McAfee Virus Scan Plus which shows no problem but the IOBit Reg. Cleaner identifies and supposedly cures 100 odd HKEY issues per day but to get help from them I would need to buy the license. PC Fix 2010 seems to identify 5000 odd registry errors but wont fix them unless I buy the product.

I am aware that an unscrupulous software firm could identify issues just to get me to purchase their product but some queer things are happening. Occasionally I get a Windows message "Failed to register windows class" . I get slow running occasionally and sometimes the screen freezes and requires a reboot.

The system seems to run ok for a while and as I paid for the McAfee and its updates I kind of trust them. But they don't want to address any problems identified by another firms products and in fact want me to remove the IOBit and PC Fix products.

I dont even know what these HKEY issues are but I can try to capture them and paste them here i8f that would be of help to anyone.

Thanks to anyone who can offer help.

jaybee_12

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

Hi Badge,

I have downloaded ccleaner and got 12 issues cleaned in the registry. I will post here if anything happens in the next few days.

I dont what the occasional error msg "failed to register windows class" means but will watch out for it.

I may scrap the IOBit Toolbox and the PC Fix software if this continues.

Thanks for your help.