Cleaning up the Hard Drive

June 29, 2005 12:44:01 AM

Hi
I did a search for large files and found the following:
• MEMORY.DMP: 523856 KB DMP file
• Driver.cab : 74902 KB Zip Genius cab file

The “driver.cab� file also shows in my Zip Genius utility; what are these
files and can I safely delete them? Thanks
PS would all compressed files on the HD appear in the Zip utility?

More about : cleaning hard drive

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:12:07 AM

Hi,

> • MEMORY.DMP: 523856 KB DMP file

You can safely delete this one unless you want to analyze it for a crash
dump. A new one will be created (depending on settings) if the system
crashes again.

> • Driver.cab : 74902 KB Zip Genius cab file

Keep this one, it holds needed system drivers.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"firewire" <firewire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I did a search for large files and found the following:
> • MEMORY.DMP: 523856 KB DMP file
> • Driver.cab : 74902 KB Zip Genius cab file
>
> The “driver.cab� file also shows in my Zip Genius utility; what are
> these
> files and can I safely delete them? Thanks
> PS would all compressed files on the HD appear in the Zip utility?
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:20:50 AM

Greetings,

No, dont' delete any of these two files. Driver.cab keeps all device drivers
and Memory.DMP keeps a log of your memory dumps.

Driver.cab information -

Thanks,

Jose Francisco

!